Botox at BairdMD
There are many reasons a patient may choose to receive Botox injections. Someone who is a good candidate would be a patient that either currently has unwanted fine lines and wrinkles associated with repetitive facial expressions or a patient that would like to use it for preventative measures. The areas commonly treated using Botox cosmetic are areas in the upper face, such as the crow’s feet, between the brows, and the horizontal lines across the forehead. The FDA has only approved the use of cosmetic Botox for the upper face, therefore, Dr. Baird does not inject to smile lines or other parts of the lower face. The effects of Botox, on average, lasts between four and six months, however, some patients see the benefits lasting longer.
What are the Benefits of Botox?
There are a variety of benefits that can be experienced with regular treatments. While this injectable cosmetic has been traditionally used and enjoyed by middle-aged and over clients, industry data is definitely starting to trend younger. Many patients in their late twenties and thirties are joining in for preventative measures.
The main benefits of Botox cosmetic are:
- Softens lines and wrinkles
- Prevents the repetitive movements that cause lasting signs of aging
- With regular treatments, your muscles can be trained to remain relaxed, for example, a regularly furrowed brow would “learn” to stay slightly more relaxed when expressing emotion or when concentrating.
- Minimal to no downtime included
- Safe and has been FDA approved for over 15 years
If you are interested in learning more about Botox in the Novi area, contact BairdMD today and get the results you’ve been waiting for. BairdMD is Novi’s premier dermatology practice offering a wide range of skincare and cosmetic solutions.